Menu
markymate
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Box 2 box problem

My living room box has lost connection with the bedroom box, but the bedroom box can see the living room box in my shows.  I've checked the status and reconnected to virgin media but still nothing.

Any ideas would be welcomed

0 Kudos
markymate
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box 2 box problem

Disregard my question, all good now. Just did a reboot and the bedroom box has reappeared on the living room box.
0 Kudos
markymate
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Further to my disregard message, the living room box can now see the bedroom box, but now says can't connect to bedroom box error code 423.  Looked into this and followed the instructions, checked all fittings and re-booted the box, but just keeps coming up with the same error code.  Strange thing is, that I can watch the living room programmes on the bedroom box.

Just a little bit frustrating.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

C423 generally relates to WiFi problems. Assuming you're using 2 x V6, the same WiFi link is used for OnDemand as multi-room streaming. Does VOD work ok on either box?

What's the WiFi strength reported as, under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > (top-right)?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
markymate
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi japitts, thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, both boxes work of the same wifi. Both boxes connected with good strength and on demand working on both as well.  Tried diagnostics on both but no signs of trouble. 

Not the greatest problem I know, but can be a pain.

0 Kudos