Menu
Ezzy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Boot Loop - Orange Light

Hi,

I've got an issue with my Tivo V6. It's stuck on boot loop "Welcome, Benvenue etc" then Starting Up...and back again.

Rebooted multiple times, switched TV's and plugged in via ethernet with no joy. Could a VM representative PM me to discuss arranging for a replacement box please? (Tried to call but I know the CC are understaffed atm due to covid)

Thanks

VM Customer Since 2010
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Boot Loop - Orange Light

Just to cover the obvious, have you checked for localised area fault on 0800 5610061?

If not... then VM forum staff can take several days to respond to posts on here - please don't give up on calling through to faults-C/S in the meantime.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Ezzy

Welcome back to our Community and thanks for your post - I was sorry to understand that you've had some issues with your V6 box at the moment and haven't been able to contact us directly to get this reported to us. 

I have located your account from your forum information and can see that you have 2 boxes - one of which is switched on and one is advising that it is switched off. Thank you for confirming that you have already rebooted for us early last week - have you tried again since your post? 

If you're still having the same issue with it being stuck in the start up loop - it may indeed require a replacement. Would you be happy to accept a self-installation (this would require some light bending and adjusting of cables) or would you prefer a technician visit? 

Do let us know when you can and we can get whatever is easiest arranged for you as soon as possible. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ezzy
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

Thanks for responding. Yeah we do have two boxes and one is fine, the other is stuck in the boot loop. (It's turned off because it was just a waste of electricity 🤣)

I'm more than happy to self install a replacement (I imagine engineers and home visits are avoided if possible right now) if you could arrange delivery to the address on my account?

Many thanks!

VM Customer Since 2010
0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Ezzy 

Apologies for the delay in response, we have been very busy and doing all we can to get back to each community post ASAP. 

Are you still having issues with your box today? I'm afraid at the moment I'm not able to arrange a delivery, however I can arrange a tech visit for you if you'd be happy to do so? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ezzy
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Hollie_B Thanks for the message.

I'd prefer a self install if possible please.

Thanks.

VM Customer Since 2010
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey @Ezzy,

So sorry for our delayed response.

I've been able to arrange a replacement V6 to be sent out to you, so you should receive this within the next 5 working days.

Let me know if you have any trouble from here and we'll be more than happy to help.

Beth

Ezzy
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Beth, It's been delivered and all is working fine again! Thank you all for your help.

VM Customer Since 2010
0 Kudos