cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Button

Wile_E_Coyote
Dialled in

Did I dream using the Blue Button on my VM V6 remote to go to the HD channel of the SD channel I'm watching?

As BBC1 doesn't show the regional channel news, I flip between 108 & 101 in the morning and at 18:30 & 22:30. This morning, when I pressed the Blue button  to go to 108 from 101, nothing happened.

I know that I can flip using the back button if I've already done it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cheekyangus
Superfast

A known VM employee on another forum has said "this should now work again".

He's helped me in the past, he's always been spot on. So hopefully it's fixed for you.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

cheekyangus
Superfast

BBC1 HD regions in England are coming soon to 101 like they have been in other UK regions for several years. It's possible the Blue Button functionality not working is related to this.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, you didn't imagine it - the option has gone from BBC1. I hadn't noticed it until reading this thread, but it likely is related to the HD changes today.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I had a thought that the press blue for HD has never been an option on the BBC channels.

cheekyangus
Superfast

A known VM employee on another forum has said "this should now work again".

He's helped me in the past, he's always been spot on. So hopefully it's fixed for you.

Yep, it's back. 👍

Wile_E_Coyote
Dialled in

So, it seems that someone pressed the button 2 weeks early. Woke up this morning to no more channel 108 and an HD channel 101.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And VM now have this ahead of Sky (excluding Glass customers) Freesat & Freeview.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks