Menu
Snowdog65
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Blocky picture

Hi all,

I have 2 x v6 boxes and an older samsung box. I have started getting blocky pictures on recorded programs on 1 x v6 box and blocky images on the older samsung box. I am paying a stupid amount every month just to get told have you tried a different hdmi, turn it off and on again, we cant see any problems our end. You try telling the wife that there is nothing wrong with all of her recorded Soaps. ( I don't advise it ). Anything I can try before i tell them to shove it.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blocky picture

Just to clarify, you have 2 x V6 & 1 x TiVo? Check here if you want to make sure, although I think that's what you're reporting.

Picture pixellation and breakup can often be a symptom of poor TV signal, or in some cases HDD issues - it all depends on your circumstances.

Can you view live TV channels ok on any individual box? How about if you pause & rewind live TV?

On any box that works ok for live TV, I'd be minded to start swapping them between different rooms - although I suspect you may have a mixture of faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blocky picture

Hi @Snowsog65, 

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues, but we can certainly  look into this for you. 

If you could answer @japitts advice, that would be fab just so we can get a better understanding of the situation here. We can get then take a look into this further for you. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos