Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Blank screen but sound

In SO50 area, the main box plays sound and shows menu but no tv picture or apps. Been like it all morning, it said earlier they were doing upgrade work bit now completed. We’ve restarted the box many times and virgin status says no issues with main tv. It’s painful waiting for the call centre to answer!  Two other boxes are fine. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blank screen but sound

If two other boxes are fine its unlikely that there is a network connection issue. So can you simply swap 2 V6's around and see if the fault remains. If it does then its a TV issue and not a V6 one. If the TV is ok then you know that the V6 needs changing - call it in.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We called Virgin in the end. Over an hour to get through but got someone helpful. I know there is a pandemic but the call wait times are awful Virgin! Apparently there was no work or faults in our area yesterday?? Strange as their message and app said there was. Anyway they have booked a technician call out to look into it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Did you just swap the boxes - easy experiment?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No we haven’t as the engineer is due here anytime now. If the fallout had been any longer we would have tried that next thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mswhite, 

Very sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with the TV service, this isn't good. 

I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've checked the back end of things and can see that since posting you've spoken to the team who have resolved this for you. 

Please let us know if you need anything else. 

Thanks 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos