Menu
PLAHJ
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Blank channels & Some pixelation

having some issues where there are a few channels (not checked all channels) that are blank but included in my package and some channels have pixilated ITV4 for example whilst recording the BTCC! Tried to use the messaging service but its worse than useless!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blank channels & Some pixelation

The text message service really isn't intended for faults reporting, to be fair. Calling faults-C/S really is the best way, even if the call queues are a frustrating experience in Virgin-FM hold music! Forum staff work their way through posts on here, but it can take several days.

Are there any channels in particular that are affected - you've mentioned ITV4 but is this SD or HD? We may be able to help identify if any of them are grouped together in how they're transmitted, which could lend weight to this probably being a signals fault.

It's probably not going to alter the end result, pixellation and blank pictures are 2 of the classic symptoms of signal problems that will almost certainly need VM to physically intervene somewhere between your box and the street cabinet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning @PLAHJ 

A very warm welcome to the forums, thank you for taking the time to post.  

It dose sound as though you are having some signal issues. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that we can take a further look into this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
PLAHJ
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, 

The tech came to the house on Monday and found that the installation was slightly faulty and rectified the issue by cutting the central copper wire in the cable a little shorter as was too long.