Menu
djn87939
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Blank Screen on TV

Good Day All,

I need some guidance please, to see if anyone has had a similar problem. Recently received new V6 TV Box, after not receiving splitter and coaxial cable I requested an Engineer to come out to resolve.

He put in the correct VM splitter and coaxial that was needed, however, the screen in blank. I have sound and can see the menu's but no picture. The Engineer said that he has not seen this before and may be a HDMI issue with my TV. I have a 49N2170PW Hisense Smart TV with 1080p, which is about 2 years old, previously had satellite TV that worked perfectly. Engineer advised only solution is to buy a new TV or cancel V6 service - clearly I am not going to buy a new TV for this. 

Has anyone had the same experience and know if there is a fix. If not, sadly I will have to cancel. Appreciate any helpful comments. Many thanks. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Blank Screen on TV

Hi djn87939,

Have you tried a different HDMI cable, also a different HDMI port on your TV?

If that doesn't work, seeing as you can see the onscreen menu's  on the V6 then you could try changing the set top box video output settings.

Using the remote, press HOME >  Help & Settings > Settings > Video Output > Video Output Format

This is usually set when the box is inatalled and will probably be on Keep Automatic Settings

Click on Change Settings, then you have the options to Auto Detect and Test Formats.  Experiment with Test Formats. The box will guide you through what buttons to press on the remote

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jonnygonzo
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Having a similar issue here and checked all the cables, anyway to change TiVo output settings without being able to check menus on screen (no picture no sound) sorry to crash someone else thread 

0 Kudos
djn87939
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Yes, tried out a number of different HDMI cables and also different ports, but unfortunately no joy. I also did the test on every Video Output setting on test Formats. It reads all the way from 480 through to 1080p, but still no picture. Very frustrating!!

Thank you for your help though, it is appreciated. 

Darren

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi djn87939,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums. Sorry to hear that you've had no picture on your TV. I've been doing remote diagnostics and our records show that you've already been in touch. Has the issue been resolved since your post?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos