Menu
amms91
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Black screen

Hi there

I’m having some issues with my Virgin TV box giving a completely black screen (no audio). It’s been happening over the last couple months but more frequently recently. Done all the usual tricks turning off, changing HDMI port and cable etc. but nothing seems to be helping! Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Black screen

are you able to test the tivo on another TV?
have you factory reset the tivo. It may lose all the recordings but if that doesn't help you'll end up with a new box anyway so you will lose them anyway.
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi amms91,

Have you checked this pinned post, it may help with the blank screen?  On-demand-not-working-Try-this/td-p/4540232 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
amms91
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi newapollo, I saw a similar thread earlier but I can’t access the settings to check the resolution as the screen in completely blacked out. We also have no other devices connected and have tried various ports/cables with no avail 😩 

0 Kudos
amms91
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We have no virgin connection on any other tv so would only be able to check the power on of the box. But I’ve not tried the factory reset, how do I do this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried rebooting your hub and also your TIVO?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you're able to follow the menus, then Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart TiVo box, and then the onscreen prompts take you through the various levels of reset.

Starting at the basic reboot, then upto "clear planned recordings", and ultimately the "clear everything".

If you can't view the menus, then just power off with the rocker switch at the back for perhaps 30 seconds, and power back up again. A video output self-test is part of the boot sequence, so if your TV is connected and switched on during this process, it helps.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos