cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black flickering line BT Sport Ultimate Channel

Bruffell06
Tuning in

Hi.

I'm having issues with my BT Sport Ultimate Channel.  Around every minute or so there is a black line that flickers horizontally across the screen for a split second. Ive not had this issue with any other channel and I can play 4k content through my TV so there is no issues with my HDMI cable. Just appears to be somewhat of an issue with my TV and V6 box playing 4k content. I've checked my video output settings and it is playing in 2160. Given that I have the Ultimate channel I dont really want to drop the picture down to 1080 as the picture quality is really good.

Has anybody else had this and found a solution?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I was more talking about the split screen which I've seen posted elsewhere. That could have been a transmission issue,

You need a signal check to confirm sll is good before VM will do anything else.

@tuscans wrote:

Yes, that's why I'm posting about it here. The spilt screen was a first last week, never seen it before and since last weekend haven't seen it again...yet. The black streaks have been apparent on every BT UHD match over the last 11 months, on 2 models of television and on another persons brand. 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

tuscans
Dialled in

@Bruffell06

Now watching Arsenal v Sheff Utd on Sky Sports Main Event, the line appeared just before kick off. I went back and after playing and pausing it for 10 minutes I managed to capture the flashing black line. 

Is this what you have been seeing too?

IMG_20201004_135802.jpg

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

80 REPLIES 80

ozsat
Superstar

It would seem to be an issue with your kit - I've never seen this here and have two V6's running Ultimate which I watch a lot.

You can't really compare one 4K source with another as bit rayes can vary a lot.

Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable?

@Bruffell06 wrote:

Hi.

I'm having issues with my BT Sport Ultimate Channel.  Around every minute or so there is a black line that flickers horizontally across the screen for a split second. Ive not had this issue with any other channel and I can play 4k content through my TV so there is no issues with my HDMI cable. Just appears to be somewhat of an issue with my TV and V6 box playing 4k content. I've checked my video output settings and it is playing in 2160. Given that I have the Ultimate channel I dont really want to drop the picture down to 1080 as the picture quality is really good.

Has anybody else had this and found a solution?

tuscans
Dialled in

So glad someone else has posted about this. I have already posted about this issue and a few others but still to receive a replay from a Virgin Customer Service team member. 

I purchased Sky Sports and BT UHD last December and immediately noticed this "thin, black, flashing line" that appears sporadically only on BT UHD. 11 months on, 3 HDMI cables later, varying from the one that came with the box to a higher end one and even a HDMI 2.1 cable, a dozen box resets and no solution or fix. 

My tv is a LGB9 oled, 16 months old without a glitch on any other device or content, only BT UHD and last week I had a cut picture in the middle on Sky Sports. 

Please can a member of Virgin look into this and possibly send me a new V6 box in return for this one.

Thank you.

The original poster raised two different issues in different threads - but didn't reply to either.  Would be useful to know which TV they used.

I've seen images of what you posted before - but never had the problem here.  I can't find the images now.

If could be a tv issue - how many other devices have you tried these sports channels on?  It could be something in the signal on those two channels.

I can see reports of the black flickering lines on Sky and BT forums too - but no details on how/if they were fixed.

Apologies. The notification email was in my junk folder so wasn't aware anybody had replied until browsing here for something else.

The TV it has happened on is a Hisense H55N6800. I have not noticed any other issues on other TV channels, just the BT sport Ultimate one. 

I cannot recall if it happens on another device. I'll try it today and post later.

I wonder if this is cause by a local signal issue rather than a fault?

It's definitely not a television issue. I've ran a Panasonic UHD player with native 4K discs through it, played a PS4 Pro in 1440p, watched Youtube videos in 2160p, Netflix, Disney+, iPlayer and Prime in upscaled 4K and streamed 4K films to the tv which has never brought up those issues. My tv is an LG B8 oled so a different model from the OP too. 

Like I said before, the flashing black streaks, ( which are sporadic, say every couple of minutes to every 5 ) have only appeared on BT UHD and never on on other channel so it must an issue with either the box or the the signal I am getting to it. My speeds on Speedtest and DSL Reports are always 28Mbps more than the 200Mbps I'm on. Pings always hitting around the 14ms mark, low latency and low SNR from the router stats. 

And then like you've seen, the cut picture on Sky Sports from last weekend. Again, switching other channels it wasn't there, switching back to Sky Sports, it's there again, on several football matches.

I'm going to have to get a Virgin member to take a look at exchange this box.

t could still be a tv issue affected by something in the channel's signal - without trying another tv you can't rule it out.

The internet signal has nothing to do with the tv signal - so could also be an issue with the tv signal.

You can call for a signal check on the tv spectrum.

@tuscans wrote:

It's definitely not a television issue. I've ran a Panasonic UHD player with native 4K discs through it, played a PS4 Pro in 1440p, watched Youtube videos in 2160p, Netflix, Disney+, iPlayer and Prime in upscaled 4K and streamed 4K films to the tv which has never brought up those issues. My tv is an LG B8 oled so a different model from the OP too. 

Like I said before, the flashing black streaks, ( which are sporadic, say every couple of minutes to every 5 ) have only appeared on BT UHD and never on on other channel so it must an issue with either the box or the the signal I am getting to it. My speeds on Speedtest and DSL Reports are always 28Mbps more than the 200Mbps I'm on. Pings always hitting around the 14ms mark, low latency and low SNR from the router stats. 

And then like you've seen, the cut picture on Sky Sports from last weekend. Again, switching other channels it wasn't there, switching back to Sky Sports, it's there again, on several football matches.

I'm going to have to get a Virgin member to take a look at exchange this box.

No that's what I'm saying it can't be the tv as I subscribed to the Virgin tv package last December and the V6 box was running through an LG B7 where I noticed the black streak on first showing of a football match on BT UHD. Now I have a LG B8 which is showing the identical issue. I started a topic on Avforums and this issue has never come up on this brand or model of television so with the OP having a Hisense I think there's a good chance of ruling out the tv as the culprit. 

Hisense just seems to be the black lines - not the split screen.

Have you ever raised a fault with VM - outside of these forums?

@tuscans wrote:

No that's what I'm saying it can't be the tv as I subscribed to the Virgin tv package last December and the V6 box was running through an LG B7 where I noticed the black streak on first showing of a football match on BT UHD. Now I have a LG B8 which is showing the identical issue. I started a topic on Avforums and this issue has never come up on this brand or model of television so with the OP having a Hisense I think there's a good chance of ruling out the tv as the culprit.