Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Black and white

My tivo box has suddenly lost colour and everything is now black and white.

Even recordings are black and white so it isn't the signal into the box. 

I've wiggled the hdmi cable and even changed it for a new one, but that hasn't fixed it, so I don't think it's the cable. 

I've tried restarting the box and unplugging and rebooting it and that hasn't fixed it either. 

Any ideas welcome! 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Black and white

Hi have you checked the settings on your TV. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mick, thanks for answering.

Yes I have checked the TV. It works as normal for other inputs like netflix, or the tv's own menu screens. It's just the virgin box that is in black and white.

I've tried to isolate the problem and everything points to the virgin box being the cause. I could be wrong but that's what it looks like. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi indeed very strange, the only other thing may be the HDMI lead do you have the right specification it should be a 4k high speed one, even if you don't have a 4K TV, or try a different port on your TV, hope you solve it. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So i think this is the final update on this as the system has cured itself. I didn't do anything different, just turned the box on and it was in colour after two days of being black and white. 

The only thing that appears different is the GUI, so it appears that there has been a system update. I don't know why that would have this effect but the fact it happened at the same time could be a coincidence but I would guess that seems likely to be the cause.

0 Kudos