Menu
Charlieo37
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bigger Bundle + Sports HD channels

Hi all,

I’ve just purchased a bigger bundle with the sports HD package and I haven’t had the HD channels added to my box. I’ve read through this and understand this is not uncommon for Virgin to not add them to your box to make you pay more. 

The advertised package clearly states HD Sky sports channels and BT sports, so I’d appreciate if someone from Virgin could please get in touch and rectify this on my box. 
I’ve already been delayed with my delivery for over a week due to Virgin not registering my order, so this added to it has made the service so far very, very poor.

Thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bigger Bundle + Sports HD channels

Its the dreaded misprint again. Why do they not correct this?

Bigger + Sports includes BT Sports in HD plus Sky Sports News, Sky Sports Mix & Sky Sports Racing in HD. All the rest of the Sky Sports channels are in SD unless you pay the additional £7 HD supplement.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I suspected that was the "correct" answer nodrogd, but unfortunately for VM... https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/bigger-bundle-sports states...

"Sports lovers can enjoy over 229 channels including Sky Sports HD and BT Sport, plus M200 Fibre Broadband."

That seems pretty unequivocal to me.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

I suspected that was the "correct" answer nodrogd, but unfortunately for VM... https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/bigger-bundle-sports states...

"Sports lovers can enjoy over 229 channels including Sky Sports HD and BT Sport, plus M200 Fibre Broadband."

That seems pretty unequivocal to me.

That’s exactly what I’m on about. It should read “BT Sports in HD”, not “Sky Sports in HD”. Somebody needs to correct it.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think it's quite simple: if you advertise it you honour it. I had to battle to get my HD at no extra cost.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Zibi13
Just joined
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have you manged to get HD eventually?
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I won the battle but it should not be hard work to get what's advertised.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos