Menu
Problem sorter
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Best Method for Recording Missed Program

I have a Series Link for The Walking Dead on FOX HD (which records at 9pm every Monday night) and also a Series Link for a new series which started last night on ITV HD - Flesh and Blood, also at 9pm.

Problem was, was that last night, there was a TV and Internet outage in my area at just after 9pm so BOTH of these recording were subsequently not recorded as the outage lasted all night and into the early hours (rectified now though according to VM's Status checker but can't 100% confirm as not currently at home).

So, is there now a way to adjust these 2 Series Links in order for them to pick up these 2 missed recordings from last night?

I'm not even sure if either of these programs is indeed going to be repeated before next Monday's new episodes but asking in the off-chance that both may do so at some point before then.....

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Best Method for Recording Missed Program

If They are repeated the box will record them as it knows it failed to get them, a quick check shows they are both repeated, it should just record them

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@dannylau wrote:

If They are repeated the box will record them as it knows it failed to get them, a quick check shows they are both repeated, it should just record them

....both my Series Links are set to 'New Episodes' only - will it still grab the repeated ones then?

Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo's logic with recordings is that if an episode is being aired that you don't have recorded, then it will schedule that recording. If there's been previous showings that were missed, then the reasons for missing it are immaterial.

In this sense, it's better that you missed the broadcast entirely rather than catching part of it - a partial recording is classed as a recording nonetheless, whereas a missed recording is rescheduled if possible.

For what it's worth, Flesh & Blood is running over 4 nights and has a repeat late at night each night... but you're now looking at using ITV CatchUp.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

TiVo's logic with recordings is that if an episode is being aired that you don't have recorded, then it will schedule that recording. If there's been previous showings that were missed, then the reasons for missing it are immaterial.

In this sense, it's better that you missed the broadcast entirely rather than catching part of it - a partial recording is classed as a recording nonetheless, whereas a missed recording is rescheduled if possible.

For what it's worth, Flesh & Blood is running over 4 nights and has a repeat late at night each night... but you're now looking at using ITV CatchUp.

...I think thats the problem though as the outage happened about 15 minutes into the recordings (so at about 9:15pm) so I'm guessing my V6 probably captured partial recordings (haven't checked yet).

Should I manually scan the guide and manually record a repeated episode?

Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@deans6571 wrote:

@japitts wrote:

...I think thats the problem though as the outage happened about 15 minutes into the recordings (so at about 9:15pm) so I'm guessing my V6 probably captured partial recordings (haven't checked yet).

If you've missed the recording entirely, TiVo will automatically schedule any repeat showing to record. You can change the SL options to include streaming videos in order to get a VOD shortcut to Ep1.

If you've got a duff (for whatever reason) recording, then there's a menu option for "find other showings", "view upcoming episodes" or use "explore this show" to browse all future showings of all episodes.

Check "my planned recordings" for both programs to see what's been scheduled....

Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@japitts wrote:

If you've missed the recording entirely, TiVo will automatically schedule any repeat showing to record. You can change the SL options to include streaming videos in order to get a VOD shortcut to Ep1.

If you've got a duff (for whatever reason) recording, then there's a menu option for "find other showings", "view upcoming episodes" or use "explore this show" to browse all future showings of all episodes.

Check "my planned recordings" for both programs to see what's been scheduled....

Thanks for the above. 

Just checked the ‘Upcoming’ for Flesh and Blood but there doesn’t appear to be a repeat of Ep1 as further episodes are shown over the course of this week so I will have to watch Ep 1 from Catch Up on the ITV Hub (My Shows shows my initial recording as ‘Partial the outage happened. 

Luckily, The Walking Dead is repeated again during the week (this was also a ‘Partial’ recording) so have now set the V6 to record one of the repeated episodes. 

😃