Menu
Mosh
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Beeping

My TV box seems to be down. Box is on amber and has a continuous beep. Called support and can’t get hold of a real person. Instead I get referred to online support which in turn refers me to call support. Stuck in a loop. 

Very frustrated. At the very least put a automated message on telephone letting us know the support isn’t available. 

0 Kudos
Mosh
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty V6

I have the exact same thing. Can’t get hold of anyone 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Beeping

@Mosh wrote:

Very frustrated. At the very least put a automated message on telephone letting us know the support isn’t available. 

Support is available, so that message wouldn't be true.

When you call faults, the IVR will make a few attempts to stop you from queuing by offering "go online", "get a text message link" and suchlike. Just ignore them, press nothing, and wait.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mosh
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Beeping

Yeah I did ignore and waited initially. Said thank you for calling and line cut off rather than passing to support.

I then tried pressing the 1 option for online support which didn’t help. 

0 Kudos
Mosh
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Got the same issue, but couldn’t get through. Will try again tomorrow. Did they indicate where the issue could be? 5 days sounds long. Good thing I don’t watch TV but the wife does 🙂

Yeah would be nice to have another support avenue, perhaps live chat support if possible. Or maybe this already exists?

0 Kudos
GrumpyOGee
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The 5 days is the time between the call and the 1st available engineers visit apoointment, so no box until then ...

0 Kudos
Mosh
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @GrumpyOGee

Tried calling for technical support again today but keep getting cut off rather than put through to technical support. Called the billing side and managed to join that queue so will ask to be transferred. Not sure how else I can get hold of technical support. Any ideas let me know.

On another note, I don’t understand why all of my replies on @GrumpyOGee thread got moved/merged to my thread.

0 Kudos