Menu
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bandwidth

Hi. 

Does anyone have any idea how much bandwidth my V6 uses out of the 200mbps I pay for? I'm finding my superhub3 WiFi drops out on my phone intermittently. Virgin media did provide me some boosters a while back which are helping. I'm guessing the uk wide lockdown isnt helping virgin media's network. I've also noticed a purple spinning circle on my V6 & tivo recently. Usually when starting a recording or changing channel etc 

J.H
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Bandwidth

Hi Johnny1983,

If your V6 is directly connected via ethernet cable then it will not take up any bandwidth, if on Wi-Fi it would use as much as a Streaming Device would i.e. a Roku/Firestick. So not a lot. We have some homes that have three V6 boxes and they will still achieve the full 350mbps without any interruptions on any/multiple devices.

I am happy to take a look at your particular diagnostics if you are able to send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE containing your account number and area reference?

Thanks,
Steve
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician currently working from home. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know you can get £50 off your bill for referring friends and family to Virgin Media? Want to know more? Just drop me a message!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The v6 need you to have a 50mb bb and about to work 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm on 200mb so that should be more than enough? 🤔

J.H
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. That's good to know 😊

My V6 is connected via 5 meter cat 7 ethernet cable. As my V6 is opposite my suberhub 3. 

J.H
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi J.H,

So if you're using Cat7 Ethernet then you shouldn't have any performance issues related to your V6.

Thanks,
Steve
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician currently working from home. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
Did you know you can get £50 off your bill for referring friends and family to Virgin Media? Want to know more? Just drop me a message!

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. 

That's good to know 😊

J.H
0 Kudos