cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back up stores programs

StewartTutt
On our wavelength

I may be having my V6 box changed today due to picture issues on my TV.

Can I backup stored programs to a usb external drive?

regards 

Stewart

7 REPLIES 7

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, the programmes are encrypted to the box you are using, and as far as the broadcasters are concerned what you are wanting to do is making illegal copies. The hard disk in the box is rented VM property, as are the recordings on it.

Under VMs agreements with the broadcasters recording is allowed for “time shifting” purposes only, so the recordings are temporary & cannot be transferred to any other media.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks for the reply.

I thought this was the case, but just wondered if any recordings could be put back onto the new box.

I guess I'll have to record them all again on the new one.

Regards

Stewart

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there StewartTutt,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear your V6 box is having issues, to clarify did our team advise the box would be changed?

Regards,

Kain

Hopefully the box will be changed today.

regards

Stewart

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Stewart, 

We just wanted to swing by and check if your box was swapped over as planned and if there is anything we can assist with?

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Nat

TV box changed Friday.

Still some issues with the picture on some channels.

The engineer was very helpful and said to make a note of the time and channel if it happens again.

I will do this and report back to you.

regards

Stewart

Thanks @StewartTutt, do please report back to us as soon as possible and we'll seek to link in with the engineer and see if a return visit can be arranged.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn