Menu
STEVES2
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BUFFERING

Have got a problem with buffering when streaming BBC i player ,Netflix’s,etc. Mostly I would say happens in the evening although that’s the time I try it . I have tried contacting virgin, but not having any luck in resolving the problem. I have rebooted router and TiVo box but its still happening on a regular basis . I am not using any other equipment or computers at this time .If I use my phone and cast to the TV I have no problems , so does the router which I have had for a couple of years need replacing .?? 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: BUFFERING

Have you tried a factory reset? Hold in the pinhole at the rear of the router for at least 50 seconds and then release (the lights will flash while holding in the pinhole reset button after about 10-15 seconds) then allow 5 minutes for the router to reboot and re-sync the connection.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
STEVES2
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Buffering

I have a buffering problem. When using Iplayer, Netflix etc on the tv. Initially I tested the speed of the wi-if  from 10.9 to 17.5 MBPS ,I have contacted virgin and they have reconfigured now receiving 160-210 MBPS In the mean time I have acquired cat 10 cable and ran directly from the hub to TV via Ethernet. Played BBC iplayer  and once again had buffering ?? I am of the mind that it is the router or the TV but this is only 3years old a Samsung smart TV.  I currently have a hub 3 ,any advice

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering

Are you reporting a problem using streaming apps on your Virgin TV box? If so, which box do you have - if you're not sure, check here 

Or, as I suspect, are you using apps on your TV? If so, this has nothing to do with Virgin Media apart from using Virgin broadband as your 'net connection? But you've posted this in the TV section of the forum.

Can you clarify please?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
STEVES2
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am using the Apps on the TV initially this was through WI-fi but as I said I have now hardwired through Ethernet are you saying that these apps on the TV are supported through the TiVo box rather than the router ??

0 Kudos
STEVES2
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have a V6 box
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you have a V6, then yes - BBC iPlayer content & Netflix are both available.

iPlayer can be accessed by a few means.

Home > CatchUp > Channels > BBC

Find any (already-broadcast) BBC programme in the TV Guide, and choose "Watch now", the app will load and play automatically.

Netflix & iPlayer are also in the apps section. Press Home > Apps > All apps.

Netflix is also available from Channel 204.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
STEVES2
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks . Although I would have thought the Apps on the TV would work through either broadband or cable ??
0 Kudos
STEVES2
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: BUFFERING

Yes I did that. Rebooted everything and reset hub. But still had only max of 17.5MBPS until they reconfigured the hub remotely went up to 190+ .thought everything was great watched a film but it still happened .I have one put in an Ethernet cable so if anything the problem is on the other side of the hub. Thanks
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Your V6 connects to the internet the same way as your TV does - i.e. wired/wireless to your homehub, and then use whatever app is installed.

If your internet connection isn't upto speed, this will affect all devices using it. You can test on your V6 using Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care (top of screen) > TV Speed test

But it would be useful to clarify what's the issue we're trying to get to the bottom of here.