cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT ultimate. No rugby yet again

sorethumbs
On our wavelength

What the hell goes on with BT ultimate on virgin. Set the Leicester v Saracens recording today and now have 1 hour and 40 minutes of the BT ultimate looping trailer, no sign of any rugby. Ultimate is always playing up, either not recording or skipping sound and picture. 

One decent 4k channel and it's always faulty

15 REPLIES 15

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

According to VM's TV Guide the Rugby's only on BT Sport 1 HD, can't say why it is wrongly displayed on the BT Sport Ultimate channel.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Maybe its just a guide issue then. I have it showing as premiership rugby on Ultimate. 

Does anyone else have guide showing as rugby on Ultimate at moment?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @sorethumbs 

Not here, but this is on a 360 box.

531.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

BT Ultimate scheduled a simulcast of BT1 according to my V6's reverse EPG.

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/tv-guide begs to differ, and doesn't have today's Premiership game on Ultimate - just BT1.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have the rugby set to record via series link and the system automatically recorded on BT Ultimate. Like you when I came to watch the game last night all I got was the rolling BT Sport advert. They recording still exists in "My shows and recordings" and clearly shows the game title, duration on BT Ultimate. 

Same here box showed on the guide it was on ultimate but it was not. Luckily caught the second half on bt 1. This OFTEN happens that it is showing on ultimate when it is not so get 80 minutes of adverts. I have asked on here more than once if there could be a way to include or exclude uhd recordings.

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Modem Mode

If Rugby is always broadcast on, say, BT Sport 1 HD, then I suggest setting your Series Link+ for this channel until the BT Ultimate problem is solved.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

If Rugby is always broadcast on, say, BT Sport 1 HD

It's not - any BT Sport channel is "fair game" for Premiership rugby, and BT1/BT2 are quite regular.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks