Menu
AdamB14
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

BT sport HD cutting out

Hi,

My BT Sports HD1 and HD2 are both cutting out constantly with picture and sound cutting out.

Looks like this needs VM action to resolve from other threads but not able to get hold of them on the phone. 

Adam 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT sport HD cutting out

Hi Adam,

Which other channels are cutting out?  BT Sports1 and 2 HD are both carried on different transponders (groups) of channels, and as such the other channels in those groups would also prone to the same issues.(pictures showing the other channels by group at the bottom of the post)

Have you checked all wires are snug and tight, especially the white coaxial cable?

Sign into Check Service Status at the top of this page. It shows any local faults that VM are aware of, but more importantly you can also run a test against the V6 box.

By doing this VM should be able to try and connect to your box and determine what  the problem is. Sometimes this results in them sending out a replacement and/or engineer, which saves a phone call.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Clipboard01.jpgClipboard02.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
AdamB14
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the help.

It has only been bt sport 2 that ive noticed. Ive checked now and not even bt sport 2 is playing up. It seems to come in and out and will be stable for 30 mins or so at times.

Just annoying when it happens during a big game so a solution would be good still!

Thanks,

Adam

0 Kudos
AdamB14
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry should have mentioned.. all cables tight and Virgin ran some tests and suggested no signal fault.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It doesn't sound to me like you're describing pixellation or picture breakup (for which newapollo has given the answer) but sound/audio dropping out - seemingly randomly?

This could potentially be an HDMI issue - in no particular order...

Are you watching on a 4K/UHD TV? What's your V6 video output set to, and have you tried changing it?

Have you swapped HDMI cables/ports on your TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
AdamB14
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

No it is definitely picture and sound cutting in and out just on BT Sport HD 2 and its not hdmi as other channels are fine.

Cheers,

Adam

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok, well there's nothing different about how BT Sport 2 is transmitted compared with other HD channels. And there's no national fault, otherwise there'd be a barrage of posts on here.

So there's something else "odd" - I'd try swapping your HDMI cables/ports anyway, it's a good process of elimination if nothing else.

Are you watching on a 4K/UHD TV? Or a 1080 HD one?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
AdamB14
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've switched around the HDMI and the issue is still the same - it is a 4k TV.

The issue is not just BT Sports HD 2 but the other channels listed above in the Crawley list. Sometimes the signal is not so bad but it seems to struggle when I watch it for longer periods (e.g. during a football match there'll always be one period where the picture cuts in and out).

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@AdamB14 wrote:

I've switched around the HDMI and the issue is still the same - it is a 4k TV.

The issue is not just BT Sports HD 2 but the other channels listed above in the Crawley list.

Which suggests it's a signal issue. In that case, one box reboot eliminates software gremlins, otherwise you have an underlying fault which VM will need to rectify - either by an engineer callout or replacement box. Do you only have one box in your home? You've not mentioned it, but if you do - see if both boxes are affected to prove the issue internal/external too.

You can report faults one of two ways - either call into VM (150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone) and get it checked there & then. Ot wait on here for a staff response which may take another day or so.

0 Kudos
AdamB14
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've given the virgin box a reboot but will give it another chance with tonights matches, then give Virgin a call.

Thanks for your help both, much appreciated!