Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BT Sport picture issue

I am experiencing picture quality issues when watching BT Sport 2 HD. The picture keeps breaking up & is frustrating to watch! I checked other channels and there were no issues. I have read on other posts that it may be a poor signal problem where an engineer is required to fix. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BT Sport picture issue

Always reboot your box once to eliminate software gremlins, but...

BT Sport 2 HD shares a broadcast frequency with the following channels - if there is a signal issue, it should also affect these:

Sky Sports PL HD, ITVBe HD, Sky News HD, Nick HD, MTV HD, Sky Nature HD

Otherwise... your reading of other posts is likely correct, and you will need to report this fault to VM in order for them to progress a fault fix. Check the other channels to confirm your suspicions, then call C/S. Forum staff can take upto a week to respond on here at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. 

I do indeed have the same issues on all of the channels you have detailed. Hopefully virgin can resolve it for me? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully!

Call VM on 150 (from a landline) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". The automated system may try to be "helpful" and fix the fault remotely, thus forcing you to redial 10 or so minutes later.

If your issues are persisting, then you either need an engineer visit or replacement box. Something somewhere is causing poor signal, Virgin should be able to narrow it down, and suitably deal with it 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Butts24, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with some of your HD channels.  I would like to take a closer look at this for you. To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Butts24

Just a quick post to ask if you're satisfied with the efforts and response of the forum team?  Remember if you need assistance in the future, our fantastic community members and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thank you for your help. It’s much appreciated 

0 Kudos