cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport 2 HD picture drop out

neilrmason
On our wavelength

Hi,

I am experiencing issues with BT sport 2 HD today. The picture is breaking up pretty much all the time.

It is the rugby I am watching, fortunately it is also on BT sport ultimate which is working perfectly. 
I have checked the wiring and rebooted the box, although not waited 10 minutes, perhaps I should try this?

is there a way to see what might be happening? Perhaps more importantly anything else I can try?

thanks

Neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@neilrmason wrote:

so sorry, but a little lesson in there for me

Pixellation is how digital TV platforms exhibit poor signal - so finding the cause of the poor signal is the fix.

Any issues upstream from the streetcab are auto-monitored and will affect every customer served from the cab - so by nature, are rare.

Any issues downstream only affect the property served by the affected drop-cable. Checking your connections are finger-tight, and restarting the affected kit once, are all you can realistically do. If you have multiple boxes and only one is affected, swap them round and see if the fault moves. That will also restart the relocated boxes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

neilrmason
On our wavelength

Just FYI

i disconnected the V6 box for 10 mins and tried again.

The picture is still breaking up, perhaps slightly less but not really watchable

Neik

Sorry,

just tried BBC 2 as spotted this was on the same channel (terminology?) and it is just as bad

i guess that might need some tweaks at VM end?

Neil

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Neil,

If you also have picture problems on Sky News HD, GB News, Sky Nature HD, Sky Kids HD, and Sky Sports Golf HD as they are on the same mux then it looks like either a cabling or signal issue.

I see that you've checked that the white coxial is snug and tight, and also free from any kinks etc, so it looks like a signal issue.

Have you checked for any known issues?  Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. (The Check Service Status is often only populated with details of wide spread outages.)

You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

If nothings showing there then contact faults (150  from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Morning,

thanks for this

yes the channels listed that are on the same mux are all doing the same thing, will investigate with VM to se what I can establish

Neil

Well, 

I went round all my connections with my trusty spanner and one was very slightly loose, although I did test it last night.

after tightening the picture has stopped breaking up, so going to leave it for a while and see

neil

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@neilrmason wrote:

Pixellation is how digital TV platforms exhibit poor signal - so finding the cause of the poor signal is the fix.

Any issues upstream from the streetcab are auto-monitored and will affect every customer served from the cab - so by nature, are rare.

Any issues downstream only affect the property served by the affected drop-cable. Checking your connections are finger-tight, and restarting the affected kit once, are all you can realistically do. If you have multiple boxes and only one is affected, swap them round and see if the fault moves. That will also restart the relocated boxes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks