cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iplayer not working

rstewart222
Joining in

I installed a new V6 box 2 days ago and all went well. However, there's no catch-up for BBC shows and no access to iPlayer via the app - when I choose either of these, there's a brief waiting screen, then I'm returned to the original screen with no explanation (no error code). Other services work fine (e.g. ITV, Netflix). The box is connected via wifi, as I don't have a long enough ethernet cable and my hub is in a different room; however, there's no particular problem with the wifi in any other respect. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's a simple fix, but since you've installed the box a couple of days ago and other internet-based apps work, have you tried restarting the V6?

Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart my TiVo

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's a simple fix, but since you've installed the box a couple of days ago and other internet-based apps work, have you tried restarting the V6?

Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart my TiVo

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks - yes, that worked OK (took me to the iPlayer login screen which had been missing before).