Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BBC iPlayer not working on V6

When I start the app it works fine, however when I try to play any content, I get a spinning wheel which will time out to a "02100" error.

I have tried it out and I cannot get it to work on any of the V6 boxes. Playing through chrome or a phone works fine, so it is not the connection. I checked the status page and Virgin is reporting everything is fine.

This has been happening for a few days now. Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone got a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iPlayer not working on V6

I'm having the same problem with my TiVo box. Very annoying I've given up trying to catch up with Poldark:(
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If it was on the BBC server side problem that would explain your problem with it on the older TiVo box and my V6 (also TiVo), but if that was the case there would be a lot more people posting here about problems.

I have  tried a few things now and still not working. Network connections are fine, other streaming apps are working fine.

Just to clarify, the application starts, and I can browse the channels and categories, see all the episodes and select an episode to play. It is at this point the application does not play the video or audio, seeming to time out in its request.

Anyone have a fix for this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leverz I think you have a different issue to me as I can get into the programme but after a short time (usually 5-10 minutes), it freezes and cuts out. The iplayer has been hit and miss ever since I've had this box, and there has been changes to the iplayer application itself, which may mean our boxes are no longer compatible with this service.
0 Kudos