Menu
buzzbuswell
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BBC iPlayer bookmark problem

Why doesn't my Tivo V6 box find programmes that are currently available on BBC iPlayer? I want to add all 4 series of Luther as a bookmark, they are all available on BBC iPlayer but don't show up at all if I search for them from my V6 box, this makes it long winded to watch them. The same also happens with certain other shows from other servers like Netflix and Amazon Prime where certain episodes of series don't appear after creating a series link

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iPlayer bookmark problem

The issue with iPlayer is that it's serving two purposes.

1: A CatchUp service for the BBC channels. TiVo/V6 EPG should have all these programmes.

2: A box-set service for the BBC. The guide sometimes has these programmes, but not always. "Industry"(aired over Christmas, BBC2) was another example where this isn't the case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
buzzbuswell
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So does this mean there isn't a fix?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It means that, anytime a programme that's available on iPlayer but not listed on the TiVo/V6 EPG, you'll have to load the iPlayer app manually and play it that way - yes.

It shouldn't be happening with "CatchUp" programmes.

A bit like the ITV, C4 & C5's streaming apps having additional programmes that aren't otherwise available - consider it a bonus 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks