Menu
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 20 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC Iplayer app not working

What happens when you find a BBC programme from the TV Guide, and press ok for "watch from catchup"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
OxEy223
Tuning in
Message 21 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Same thing as when I try to click the app.  It starts to load and says BBC Iplayer and then goes black, then returns to episode guide. 

0 Kudos
Bernadine31
Tuning in
Message 22 of 67
Flag for a moderator

IPlayer not working

Since yesterday the iPlayer app doesn’t work. It tried to connect then I get a black screen. I’ve spent an hour in the phone hanging on only to be told there is service issue and no idea when it will be fixed. Any ideas or help welcome. Thanks

0 Kudos
Bernadine31
Tuning in
Message 23 of 67
Flag for a moderator

IPlayer not working

Since yesterday the iPlayer app doesn’t work. I tried to connect then I get a black screen. I’ve restarted everything.  I’ve just spent an hour on the phone to virgin hanging on only to be told there is service issue and no idea when it will be fixed. Any ideas or help welcome. Thanks

0 Kudos
Bernadine31
Tuning in
Message 24 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iPlayer not working on V6 box

I’m having the same problem since yesterday. I don’t have another V6 box. Rebooted several times. Phoned VM and hung on for over an hour to be told it’s a ‘service issue’ but neighbours a few doors away don’t have the problem.
0 Kudos
Bernadine31
Tuning in
Message 25 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon,BBC iPlayer not working

I’m having exactly the same problem and have posted it just now
moorhoujack
Just joined
Message 26 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Same scenarios as other posts, started yesterday. The day before I had a "technical problem" which logged me out of iplayer. After about an hours wait  got through to the help desk, who restarted my router to no effect. I had already restarted everything. They have escalated it for me though. There's no way of telling if the app has been updated or what else has changed in the last 48 hrs

0 Kudos
Gemlouanded
Joining in
Message 27 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Hello, I am having the same issue. We got a new V6 and hub on Tues, other apps are working but iPlayer won't load. The loading screen will come up then revert back to home. Tried to contact virgin but after being on hold for 10 mins face up. I've tried rebooting and accessing iPlayer in lots of different ways but no luck. 

0 Kudos
carlspencer
Joining in
Message 28 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iplayer and Sounds app not working

I have the same problem, other services (netflix, amazon etc) working fine, when I try BBC Iplayer it shows the startup screen, then just goes back to the previous screen with no error. When I try the same for BBC Sounds I get A01 App is temporarily unavailable

Iplayer doesn't work from Apps, catchup doesn't matter how I try

It's been fine up until today, network is fine, box has been powered off and on again

Any ideas??

0 Kudos
amallins
Tuning in
Message 29 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iplayer and Sounds app not working

I have the V6 box

0 Kudos