Menu
ozsat
Community elder
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BBC iPlayer - HDR/HLG material

After a break of several months, there are now three series in UHD on BBC iPlayer with are switching to HLG on the V6 box on compatible tvs.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
clegsr
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iPlayer - HDR/HLG material

So I have a V6 box dcx960 with a Sony 4K projector, but I can’t seem to get my iPlayer to play uhd material. I assume it shows in the app if the show is available in uhd?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is your projector capable?

What’s its model number?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi clegsr,

Compatible TV's for IPlayer 4K are listed here  uhd-connected-tv   (the list doesn't contain projectors)

Have you gone into the IPlayer settings and switched to IPlayer Beta which shows the UHD content? You can play a UHD test loop from there.

Searching UHD at present shows His Dark Materials, Dracula and Dynasties which are labelled UHD. It also brings up Seven Worlds, One Planet and Blue Planet 11 which although not labelled as UHD do play in UHD.

Doctor Who on New Years day will be in 4K HDR on the IPlayer. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ 

The BBC have just provided the following shows in 4K HDR over Christmas on the IPlayer

• the Queen's Christmas Broadcast
  • the drama series Black Narcissus
  • the natural history documentaries Meerkat: A Dynasties Special, and A Perfect Planet

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos