Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BBC Iplayer

I got a new TV V6 box a week ago and all works fine EXCEPT I cannot make BBC IPlayer work on catchup. When I click on a programme I want to see nothing happens apart from a brief something in the middle of the screen that very quickly disappears and it then goes back to the BBC IPlayer icon.

Accessing BBC IPlayer for catchup on my previous TIVO box worked fine and the Samsung TV is the same.

What can I do to access BBC IPlayer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC Iplayer

Ok, a few things here - I'm going to assume your V6's internet connection is not the underlying issue and probably live to regret that.

In your TV guide, does the programme you're clicking on, say "Watch from CatchUp" or "Goto CatchUp"? Sometimes in the immediate few hours after broadcast before the EPG has been updated, it will say "Goto" and you'll have to find the programme manually.

If you follow Home > CatchUp > Channels > BBC iPlayer, does the app load that way?

As a quick test of your box's internet connection, can you play VOD from any other channel? Pick something on CatchUp from ITV, C4 or C5 and see if they play ok?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for yr reply. When carrying out your suggestion home-catchup -channels, when I click on BBC Iplayer in the middle of the screen I see "one moment", then it simply goes back to the BBC IPlayer icon.

Incidentally, catchup works perfectly well with ITV, Gold, Yesterday, Channel 4 and 5

What does VOD mean?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VOD means "Video On Demand", and aside from the BBC's service using the iPlayer app rather than Virgin's platform, all of CatchUp is (technically) VOD.

From the sounds of it, your issue is the iPlayer app's refusal to actually load. Have you tried restarting your box? Home > Help & Settings > Reset Box and choose the "Restart your TiVo box" option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. That works perfectly now. Very clever, such an easy solution!

0 Kudos