cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Iplayer, ITVX etc

Oldun
On our wavelength

Just recently I keep being asked to access shows via BBC IPlayer, ITVX.

I am continually being asked to effectively log in via the TV screen (very slow), my phone oy my computer. I have to enter email addresses and passwords and sometimes even conform my email address by responding to a verification email tht has been sent to me.

Is there a way to cut out all this unnecessarily repeated logging in?

Have the days of switching on Virgin Media TV, selecting from a simple menu and watching my chosen show gone for good?

I really have reached the point where it is bye-bye VM and hello someone (anyone) else.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Oldun, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and confirming this is happening across all devices. 

As it's not only happening on the VM boxes, this suggests the issue is with the apps themselves. If they are continually asking you to sign in, it will be down to the apps needing to confirm security with you. 

It may be worth checking the forums of these apps too, to see if anyone else has had the same issue and what steps they've taken to resolve things. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

How many devices total are you accessing the apps from (including phones, VM boxes, computers, etc)?

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Oldun, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear of this frustrating process you need to go through when watching content from BBC iPlayer and ITVX.

Does this happen on the set top box only, or does this happen on multiple devices?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Oldun
On our wavelength

Thanks for eply.

Set top box, android and pc

Hi Oldun, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and confirming this is happening across all devices. 

As it's not only happening on the VM boxes, this suggests the issue is with the apps themselves. If they are continually asking you to sign in, it will be down to the apps needing to confirm security with you. 

It may be worth checking the forums of these apps too, to see if anyone else has had the same issue and what steps they've taken to resolve things. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs