Menu
DWOS
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Authorisation code for a new TV6 box

I have recently bought a VMedia TV V6 box and have fixed it up, but on screen it tells me to go to virginmedia.com/tvcode and put in the code which consists of 15 digits. It gives me the code but am unable to find appropriate section on my computer to activate this code in order to register on the 'tvcode' page.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Authorisation code for a new TV6 box

Hello

You say you bought a v6 where was it bought from ?

Buying Virginmedia equipment from a 3rd party should never be done as the seller has no rights to sell the box as these boxes are only ever rented from Virginmedia UK.

You can only have multiple boxes with Virginmedia if you have a multi room subscription and only with boxes supplied by Virginmedia.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DWOS
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Mike. There are several T6 boxes on sale on e-Bay and I was assured the one I bought would work.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Yeah see them all the time, I am afraid that the box will be flagged by Virginmedia as lost and cannot be re-activated, even it could wouldn't work as you would have to pay for the subscription for it. I would get back in contact with the seller as request a refund.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DWOS
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I took your advice and subscribed to VirginMedia for their TV6 box.

0 Kudos