Menu
digitaldave
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Audio out from HDMI and Optical / Analogue At The Same Time?

Quick version: is it possible to output the sound from a T6 box on both the HDMI and either the optical or analogue out connections at the same time?

Long version: My parents have just bought a new TV, but have found that where with their old TV they could have audio from the TV and from some connected headphones at the same time (my father is slightly hard of hearing, but my mother isn't, and without this, the volume would be too high for her), the new TV doesn't have this option. They have a Virgin TV box (I believe it's the T6 box) that is connected to the TV via HDMI. Is it possible to have the same sound sent to both the HDMI and the Audio Out (I believe this is optical, is there also an analogue connection?) so that they could connect the wireless headphones they used to use and get sound from both outputs at the same time? (assuming the base unit has optical if the TV box does not have analogue out)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Audio out from HDMI and Optical / Analogue At The Same Time?

Both the optical out & the analogue audio out 3.5mm jack are active all the time. The sound is at a fixed level, so you would need to control this with the receiving equipment you have connected.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The V6 has a 3.5mm mini jack for analogue audio and a TOSLINK port for digital audio, all being output continuously.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
digitaldave
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for that, we now have it working through the speakers and the headphones.
0 Kudos
digitaldave
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, we now have it working.
0 Kudos