Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Audio breaking up badly

Hi

Spoilt for chose today. 

Ashes Cricket on Sky and the Community shield on BT Sport.

Decided to record them both. At 2 PM started to watch the ashes from the recording....everything fine apart from not being able to get Smith out (not VM's fault). At 5 PM decided to .over to the football from its recording. However could not watch it due to the breaking up of the sound....it would last okay for about 30 secs then start breaking up.

What is causing this.....my TV......my VM box.....VM broadcast....BT broadcast (no apologies on screen so assume it's not this) or is it the signal coming down my cable. Very annoying and strange as Cricket recording is audio perfect.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Audio breaking up badly

Best call 150 asap as it seems to be an issue for you. May need a visit.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's not just you. I tried to watch a recording of the Community Shield from earlier today. The sound was breaking up constantly, making the game unwatchable with the sound on. I think it's the same issue others are talking about in this thread. I noticed the breaking up seems to get worse when there's a lot going on. For example, at half-time the sound was fine when the in studio presenters and pundits were chatting, but as soon as they started showing clips from the first half, the sound started breaking up again. I just renewed my Virgin Media TV for another year, mainly for the 4K sport, now I'm regretting it. Going to phone them tomorrow for sure.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I mis-read you post.   THe BT UHD audio issue is on recordings only for that channel - live is ok.

Best add you voices to the main thread posted above - to increase the number of complaints about this issue.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos