Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Area 31 loss of service.

Regarding Area 31 (coventry) loss of service .

This is affecting TV and broadband and has happened a couple of times over the past week. It is showing as a known fault on the virgin media service status page.

Can Anyone else confirm. 

Just looking for information regarding if it is a possible network fault or upgrade? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 31 loss of service.

I have removed the duplicate thread from the Broadband area.

Please do not post duplicate threads on the same subject, it will not speed up your responses & could lead to the spam filter blocking your account.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, but as my TV service is down I thought it logical to post in the TV forum  and likewise broadband down so post in broadband forum. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi techifan

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages. 

We are sorry for any inconvenience which this service disruption may be causing. 

Our team work to resolve all service issues as efficiently as possible and our service page is the best place to stay updated on the estimated fix time.

Our apologies once again. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate your reply David.

We dont normally get outages (TV & Broadband) that last this long so it appears to be a little more major than normal, just inquisitive as to if network fault or some sort of upgrade.

Paul 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Is there an estimated fix time on the status page Paul?

If there's been no improvement with your service shortly after the fix time please let us know and we can take a closer look. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes, expected fix time is showing as 18.00 hrs.

Retired now but used to work for NTL(Broadcast) so I know for sure your tech''s  will be under pressure to get the network back up as soon as they can. Smiley Wink

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming the fix time Paul.

When an area fault is identified our team will work as quickly as they can to resolve.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

David_Pn
Forum Team

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Service loss update.

A little worried as service status now saying no problems but unfortunately we still have no TV or Broadband.

Could you confirm that you are aware that the problem still persists.

Paul 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay getting back to you about this Paul. Unfortunately there is still an ongoing SNR issue impacting the area - the current fix-time is estimated to be 6PM today, however this could be subject to further delays due to the nature of the fault in question.

As you & I have an ongoing query already I will ensure any loss of service credits are applied once the fault is resolved. With regards to the ongoing query I will be in touch by the end of the day to let you know where we're up to, and to address the points in your last message.

As always, thanks for your ongoing patience - it's much appreciated. 

Tom