cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appointment Arranged without agreement

Loosecanons
Superfast

Hi ,

I picked up a message passed onto me by a member of my household.  I'm the account holder but wasn't messaged.

Apparently an appointment was made on my behalf for tomorrow Tue 26, when I'm at work.

I've had to cancel but within the period when you say you will charge me £25.

I tried to call customer services but you're too busy and cut me off and said to call tomorrow. 

I assume I will not be charged?

This is related to my issue with the V6 periodically restarting. I thought the threat to charge me if you find no issue rather heavy handed.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Loosecanon 👋

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble getting in touch regarding your appointment. I've had a look on our side, and can see you've been able to contact us and have this cancelled.

In regard to the charge of £25. This has been a standard for all Technician visits since late 2022. We never charge for a Technician visit, unless:

- The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment

- The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your own equipment

- The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

In addition to this charge, if you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 Missed Appointment Charge will be applied to your account on the day.

Neither of these charges can be removed/waived prior to your visit. You can read more on the costs that can be incurred, here.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ