Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Another intermittent TV problem

I have had a small problem with my TV viewing for a month or two, it does not happen too often so that is why I have not posted about it.

Now and again, I lose sound for a split second and also the screen goes black, this is only for around one second and just reverts back to normal straight away.

For a start I thought that it may be just on HD progs, but it can do it on any channel, although I do not think the problem has occured when we are watching Amazon prime.

Last night just after 7-00pm it had a funny turn so I went to the TV and box and wiggled all the leads and connections to see if it could replicate the problem, but nothing.

I believe all my leads and the TV are OK, could it be a problem caused at peak times when more viewers are joing the network?   TIA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another intermittent TV problem

Hi peak viewing should have no bearing on it, if you phone and go down the Tv faults route they can check your box while you're on the line and if necessary arrange for an engineer to come and replace the box or fix the problem they will be aware of what type box you have & broadband hub which you don't mention.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another intermittent TV problem

Hello, I have a V6 box and 3.0 Hub.

What i did yesterday morning was to change my HDMI lead and in the past 24 hours there has been no further problem, but this does not mean the problem has been sorted, too soon to tell. 🙂

I  will take on board the earlier advice if the problem re-occurs.

TIA

0 Kudos