Menu
BernieMc
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Another dissatisfied customer

My TiVo box has been stuck in a loop since Monday evening and displays this message on a green screen:

"DVR has detected a serious problem' and would attempt to fix it taking up to 3 hours.

It would appear I need a replacement as it hasn't been able to repair however trying to get a response from Virgin is impossible using the phone or text service.

Tried phoning, gave up after 2 hrs.

Texted. Get a Bot then a customer service standard response about being in a queue etc standby and someone will respond. Then at 7am on Tuesday Wednesday Thursday, asked if I still have a problem by a Bot. Reply yes. Standard you are in a queue reponse again.

Contacted yesterday and told someone from Virtual Tech team will be in touch.

Didn't happen.

Bot wakes me up at 7am 

Do I still have a problem.,.. and on it goes. Appalling customer service.

I need a new TiVo box or an engineer.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another dissatisfied customer

@BernieMc wrote:

Contacted yesterday and told someone from Virtual Tech team will be in touch.

Was this a C/S agent that told you this on the phone, or the text message service?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BernieMc
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another dissatisfied customer

Text message. However got sorted this morning. New TiVo box on the way. 

Virgin needs to look at its triage system. Anyone reading my first text on Tuesday would have realised that I needed to speak with someone who had technical knowledge. All the information was there to resolve it if it had been passed to the right team. Instead it took a conversation by text on Wednesday repeating the same details on Thursday before getting someone today Friday who resolved the issue.

0 Kudos