Menu
Heffie
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Amber light on v6

Hello

I have recently set up virgin via QuickStart. I have access to TV and on demand but the light at the front of my box is still amber. It appears that everything is working (still new to virgin tv!) but wanted to check. 

does anyone know what this means?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amber light on v6

Hi Heffie,

An amber (orange) light to the left of the Virgin Media logo (solid or blinking) usually means you don’t have full network connectivity. This may depend on if you are connected with an ethernet cable (best method) or wifi.

To ensure your V6 is connected to the hub  go into Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect To The Virgin Media Service.

Make sure the test doesn't fail.

After it has completed the test, perform a restart by going Help & Settings > Clear or Restart TiVo Box > Restart. 

If that all fails then you either need to wait for a Forum Staff member to pick up your post or contact VM TV Faults

Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos