Menu
Phoenix59
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Amazon prime: smart tv

Since getting a Samsung smart tv the prime app does not work via the virgin interface but only by using app on the TVs smart hub.....  that itself is not a problem.  What is an issue is that the Prime app freezes sometimes during a movie etc. This can be as much as every 10 mins

Ethernet from virgin box to tv

checked speed and it’s around 200mb

only way out of problem is too relaunch app

have also noticed tune in app on echo dot buffers even though it’s sitting next to the box

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon prime: smart tv

First thing, you've posted in the TiVo forum but the Prime app is only available on the V6 & 360 boxes - which do you have? Check here if you're not sure.

Secondly, there's a few things that could potentially cause this, but as a starter... can you watch other streaming services such as iPlayer or YouTube from your VM box? Or watch OnDemand programmes? They all use the same internet connection.

Is the problem with Prime, just that you can start watching a programme but it freezes partway through? Again - is this only affecting Prime, or other streaming apps/OnDemand services?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Phoenix59
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for posting in wrong place 

yes I can watch iplayer and these via box as well

not sure why prime no longer works via virgin box but only on tv

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's fine... but which box do you have? It does alter the advice we can give you. If other streaming services are working, then without knowing which box you have, the only thing we can really suggest is that you restart your box and try again.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box shows pictures of the 3 boxes, if you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Phoenix59
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tv6 I think (I’m not at home right now).  It was replaced About six months back

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When you posted back in November last year with some iPlayer issues, you had a V6 so unless it's changed since, I'd guess it still is.

In that case... in no particular order...

- What exactly is happening when you use Prime - is it playing, dropping out partway through etc?

- Are you watching on a 4K/UHD TV?

- Check whether other streaming services/OD are ok - if they are, then it may just need a box restart va Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart.

Feel free to check whenever it suits you.

0 Kudos
Phoenix59
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks 

Yes Prime plays maybe 30 mins then freezes and if you have to relaunch it   Sometimes it then goes again after 10 mins 

Yes 4K tv

Other steaming is ok.  I’ll try restart later

Thank you so much for your help

0 Kudos