Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Amazon prime on virgin media

When is amazon prime app available on virgin media v6? If it’s never available, I might buy a fire tv stick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon prime on virgin media

@Sunny3 wrote:

When is amazon prime app available on virgin media v6? If it’s never available, I might buy a fire tv stick

AFAIK they haven't announced a date, but this article says "summer 2019":

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/04/amazon-prime-video-coming-to-virgin-media-uks-broadban...

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The announcement was made in April by Liberty Global but there's been no update. You could argue that summer has yet to arrive.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My guess is it will be July or start if August so they can still claim to be the only place to have all the football now that from this summer Amazon will be showing some games
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am desperately waiting for the amazon app hope it will be the end of July or August
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No need to be desperate as you can just buy an Amazon Fire TV stick for £39.95 from Argos. I got this stick last year for the US Open which was streamed live (and will be streamed in 2019 as well) and other tennis tournaments such as the 2019 Miami Open were also streamed live. I believe the first Premier League match to be streamed will be Arsenal v Brighton on 3 December.

You might be able to get the stick at a discount on Amazon Prime Day 2019 (probably in July) or in one of the Autumn sales.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I got an Amazon Fire Stick because I wanted to watch The Man In The High Castle. And I also get Spotify on the Firestick, which is really good because VM took Spotify off their platform a few years ago.
0 Kudos