Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Amazon prime cash flow

I didn't expect Amazon app to include rents and buys too but I should have surmised ,it really is annoying ploughing through everything picking something to watch then finding out it's a buy or rent ,no Biggie tho ,I'll cope 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon prime cash flow

same as on my laptop. agreed an irritation.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

So hold on - let me get this straight........

You sign up to Prime for a monthly subscription and then they also have content contained within, whereby you have to BUY/RENT it as well????! Smiley Surprised

Glad I never signed up then - trawling through what they offer, there isn't a single program I want to watch Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have an Amazon Prime account for which I get a bunch of content at no additional cost but have to pay for the rest, and I've no problem with that as the alternative is to pay a much bigger subscription for content I'll never see as I'm not binge-watching every day. If you subscribe to Netflix you pay varying amounts depending on which plan you've got.

The bottom line is that it costs the likes of Amazon and Netflix to do what they do, so their subscribers have to pay one way or another.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So the Amazon way is frustrating in how it displays content for sure, but the model used is really the same as Virgin's, Sky's, Now TV's, BT TV's, etc... (Although they display content better!)

The idea is that you get a subscription which includes some content, on most other platforms this is a combination of TV channels, plus On Demand (inc Box Sets, plus Catch Up, etc.

Then you can make one-off purchases to buy or rent other content - premium films, sporting events, etc, etc.

On Amazon Prime there's obviously not normal TV channels, but everything that's included is "Included with Prime".

Everything else you have to pay for, to buy or rent.

The reason it's frustrating with Amazon is that everything's kind of intermixed. It makes for a rubbish experience, and it's one of the reasons I tend not to use it that much.

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

All platforms are the same.

Subscribe to the top package for VM - and the VM Store has additional charges for films and some other content.

Subscribe to the top package for Sky - and the Sky Store has additional charges for films and some other content.

No different really.

@deans6571 wrote:

You sign up to Prime for a monthly subscription and then they also have content contained within, whereby you have to BUY/RENT it as well????! Smiley Surprised

Glad I never signed up then - trawling through what they offer, there isn't a single program I want to watch Smiley Very Happy

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

But your not just paying for TV service, amazon prime subscription includes amazon prime video, some of which are pay TV, like virgin media have on demand as options.. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@ozsat wrote:

All platforms are the same.

Subscribe to the top package for VM - and the VM Store has additional charges for films and some other content.

Subscribe to the top package for Sky - and the Sky Store has additional charges for films and some other content.

No different really.

@deans6571 wrote:

All platforms are not the same......

Take Netflix for example. You pay just one single price every month, all contained content therein is included at no additional cost....

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Prime is not comparable with Netflix tho. Primarily Amazon Prime is shopping etc, it just so happens that you also get video.. Or some of them. Netflix your just getting films etc. They're not the same