cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime

rdabbott290192
Tuning in

Recently had a second V6 box installed upstairs. For some reason, the Prime Video app isn't opening up. All of the other on Demand Apps work fine, just Amazon Prime causing an issue. Any ideas how to resolve and/or who to speak to?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kath,

There are no error codes or messages when I try to load the app. It just goes blank for a second and then takes me back to the tv apps selection page. 

It also does the same with the help section when I try to pair my remote to my TV. I haven't yet tried to reboot my box, but will try this tomorrow to see if this resolves.

I thought the extra information may be useful to you in the meantime - thanks for your response

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What happens when you try to load the Prime App?

Can you get into the app and are having problems playing a programme, for instance?

Have you tried the obvious thing and restarted the box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rdabbott290192, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue accessing the Amazon Prime app on your 2nd V6 box. 

It is strange that the only app affected is the Prime App. Usually we would expect to see this sort of issue across all apps. 

As mentioned above by japitts, can you try rebooting the box to see if this sorts out the problem. 

If it doesn't please let us know the steps you are taking to open the app, and what error code is showing when you try to open the app. It may be helpful to also provide a screenshot of what you are seeing. 

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

rdabbott290192
Tuning in

I have had a second box installed upstairs in my home and there are a number of errors when I try to load certain menus or apps.

Amazon Prime doesn't load for starters. I can't load the help screen to pair my remote to my TV. I'm sure there are other parts of the box that also don't work. 

When I mentioned Amazon prime to virgin, they told me to speak to Amazon, not recognising that this is clearly an issue with the box or software.

Does anybody have any recommendations to resolve?

Hi Kath,

There are no error codes or messages when I try to load the app. It just goes blank for a second and then takes me back to the tv apps selection page. 

It also does the same with the help section when I try to pair my remote to my TV. I haven't yet tried to reboot my box, but will try this tomorrow to see if this resolves.

I thought the extra information may be useful to you in the meantime - thanks for your response

The tv goes black as if it is going to load and open, and then the apps page appears again with netflix, prime, iPlayer etc.

No error codes or anything which is frustrating. It's a brand new box which was installed by an engineer/technician. I haven't yet tried to reboot but I will try this and let you know how I get on.

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi rdabbot290192,

Did you receive a new HDMI cable when you received the new box?

It's possible that the HDMI cable you are using is not HDMI2.2 compliant. Have you tried changing thee HDMI cable? Or tried it in different ports in your TV?

Even if you don't see an error code please can follow the instructions for https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/603 

Hopefully that may help/

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@rdabbott290192 wrote:

The tv goes black as if it is going to load and open, and then the apps page appears again with netflix, prime, iPlayer etc.

That sounds like the app is failing to load, and crashing out. The HDMI is certainly worth a check, but my money's on the reboot.

Check again if other apps work - if they don't, it's likely something common with the V6 ecosystem causing it. If they work, it's a Prime-app issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @rdabbott290192,

Thank you for expanding on the situation. I am really sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your services.

I can see that @newapollo and @japitts have suggest a switch of the HDMI cable and a reboot to see if these improve matters and help to narrow down on what the problem is. Have you had a chance to try these suggestions yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!