Menu
nsw1654
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Prime

I have a V6 box. It works normally, except.....

I have paid for the Eurosport App in order to view French Open Tennis. When I view through the Amazon app via V6 box. I get very limited coverage of the tennis. Sometimes one match other times two or three. I know that there are usually at least 12 matches being played most days. Why am I not seeing them via the Amazon app in my V6 box. Same happened the other day with BT sport red button services. Via Virgin and red button not all Premier rugby matches were being shown My neighbour who has Sky has no problem. Any thoughts.

PS. I can watch amazon prime and Eurosport through my iPad and get full coverage!

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Prime

Virgin Media host the Prime Video app, they don't have any control over what's in it.

Anything to do with content within the Prime Video app needs to be a question to Amazon.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
nsw1654
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So are you telling me that Virgin are happy to host an external app on your service systems that clearly does not function as intended. Do you test your hosted external apps. In all respects the Amazon app on my V6 box works perfectly. There is obviously an issue with it hosting other apps. I can get full access to all tennis matches when I watch Amazon via my iPad. So it is not a problem with the app. I'm not the only one by the way!.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm saying that Amazon provide the app and Virgin Media test that it works on the platform. Which it does.

The Amazon app on the V6 is the Prime Video app - so makes available whatever content Amazon make available in that. It is not a Fire device app, so won't give access to other apps that are available on other Amazon devices like a Firestick.

What content is available within the Prime Video app and what features work in the app is a choice by Amazon. Any missing content or features in the Prime Video app needs to be queried to Amazon.

0 Kudos
nsw1654
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As stated the Prime video app as provided by Virgin and on my V6 box works absolutely fine. Except with the issue as described. It works perfectly on other platforms. Are you telling me that Amazon limit what Virgin is allowed to show? It is clearly an issue with the V6 box. Other forum members have issues as do users of the Amazon users forums.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If it doesn't work on the V6 at all, that's a Virgin Media issue and is investigated in partnership with Amazon.

However nothing within the app itself is controlled by Virgin Media.The Prime Video app talks to Amazon servers. The login and subscription details are held on Amazon servers.

It's similar responsibility split to broadcast channels. If the channel doesn't work that's an issue Virgin Media can look at. What the channel shows is down to the broadcaster.

The issue you have is under Amazon's control, not Virgin Media's.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How have you paid for eurosport, direct with them, or is it included in your virgin package, virgin are just a platform for supplying other people's services and have no control over what they supply, you have been correctly advised to contact Amazon.
0 Kudos
nsw1654
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So I can watch my tennis via the Amazon Video app and in turn the Eurosport Player via different platforms. Smart TV app. An Apple Mac, a Windows laptop, iPhone. I have used different networks to connect. All works absolutely fine. I’ve got tennis coming out of my ears!  So by definition my subscription to Amazon Prime video is working and providing everything I have subscribed too and paid for. The only platform it does not work properly on is....Virgin via installed app on V6. So again by definition there must be an issue of connectivity between Virgin servers and those belonging to Amazon.  

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

But Virgin's servers are not connected in any way to the app on the V6, Virgin hosts no content used by the app, which connects directly to Amazon's servers via your internet connection.

As already explained, very clearly, anything missing from the Amazon provided app, is down to Amazon, not Virgin.

If the issue was with an android or iOS version of the app would you contact Google or Apple?, of course not, because they don't control the content. The exact same thing applies here.