Menu
GmLGat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Prime works on one box... but not the other

Hi,

I can watch my Amazon Prime account on our 'second' V6 but on the main one, although it recognises my account & lets me access things like my watchlist & 'watch next...' I only get the spinning wheel then a black screen when I try to access programmes.

I've tried the output settings for the TV (1080) and the network settings, as well as device management on my Prime account (none of the virgin boxes are listed??) as mentioned on previous answers - but no progress

Can anyone please advise...

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Prime works on one box... but not the other

Hi GmLGat,

have you tried swapping the boxes over to see if the issue still persists?  This may help determine if it's a signal fault or a box issue.

Also are any other apps affected, or TV channels?  

Most issues happen when using wifi, is your main box connected by ethernet cable or wifi?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
GmLGat
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply - but they're both wired in, with the one that IS working being the 'secondary one.

Our Internet supply & wifi has been really problematic (keeps dropping out &/or staying connected but with no Internet) this last week so wondering if that is one of the issues?

It seems counterintuitive that the primary box DOESN'T work but the other one does, AND that I can access Prime and see my account, where I'm up to on various episodes etc (ie; implying the connection & account recognition is fine) but can't actually watch programmes.

Even more bizarrely, it lets me view previews & trailers?

0 Kudos
GmLGat
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Oh and everything else seems to work fine!?!

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi GmLGat

Thanks for posting and apologies for the delayed reply.

I've had a check today and there is maintenance in your area that should be fixed later today. This isn't the root cause of the issue you've reported however no other issues are showing. Is everything sorted with Prime on the other box? 

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos