Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Prime video audio sync problem

At least 9-10 times while watching a movie on Amazon prime with the new app on a V6 box the audio loses sync with the video. Rewinding a few seconds fixes it, but is there a permanent fix?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Prime video audio sync problem

If you haven't done so, connect the V6 to the hub by an Ethernet cable. Also, try a reboot of the V6.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It was installed with an ethernet cable and a reboot didn't help.

I have also connected the box to my home cinema amp with an optical cable. When watching normal channels I get audio but not on Amazon Prime videos.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Eric99999, 

Thank you for your post. I';m sorry to hear about this.

Do you have this issue with any of the other apps on the V6 box?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem. My V6 box is connected to the Hub 3 by Ethernet cable and to the amp by HDMI cable. All channels, Netflix app and YouTube app audio synch fine. It is only Amazon Prime that has the problem and it is intermittent. For example, I watched two episodes of Justified back to back last night. The first synced fine, the second had a massive lag.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi philwwalton,

Thank you for coming back to us, how have things been going since your last post?

Does it work OK when you take the amp out of the equation?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi my optical connection goes from the amp direct to the TV, I get everything in 5.1 that is broadcast in that medium, TV, Netflix, Amazon, Freeview etc.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky,

Have you tried to take the amp out to see if is still the same, I have checked it here and there are no issues, there aren't any known issues with Amazon prime reported either.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

i don’t think that the amp processing the sound is to blame for the audio lag, as it would happen all the time. Like Mick, I get perfect sound with live TV, recorded TV, via Netflix app and via YouTube app, either stereo and 5:1 depending on the broadcast - and sometimes with the Amazon Prime app, but not always. On Wednesday night I watched several programmes on Amazon Prime with no problem, yet a few days earlier the audio lag was very evident.

Could the processing speed of the V6 box be to blame? It did occur to me that on Wednesday I wasn’t recording anything whilst I used the Amazon Prime App and had no audio lag. But when I did get audio lag earlier in the week, I think I was recording programmes in HD.

Cheers

Phil

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil,

Thank you for that information, that does sound plausible, this isn't something we are aware of however I will feed this back as a possible cause.

Can you keep your eye on it, maybe try a few times recording and a few time not and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards

Paul. 

0 Kudos