Menu
VirtualClimber
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Prime and app problems

Anyone else sick of problems with playback if you have a half decent tv.

if you want decent quality playback for a 4K tv at least these two and probably other apps crashes and won’t run..

If Virgin want to compete with Sky it is really about time the highest quality feed can be supported.

It is REALLY annoying that I have Prime membership but can’t use it without dropping the quality of picture across all services.

Sort it Virgin, it isn’t funny anymore.

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Prime and app problems

Hi, is this on a V6 or TiVo 500?

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No problems with playing 4k content here. How is the V6, if that's what you have, connected to the hub?

0 Kudos
VirtualClimber
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It’s a V6.

I running it on a wired connection to an Orbi satellite as the router is in a different room.

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Run a speed test, it's found in the help section of the V6 menus, and report back the speed you get. From memory you have to press the play button on the remote rather than ok when you run it to see the actual speed.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

To run the speed test with your remote.

Home > Help & Settings > Help > Our Other Products > Broadband > Take a Speed Test > Press Play (DO NOT PRESS OK)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
VirtualClimber
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I ran the speed test and the results look OK

< 155.3 > 20.8    42.3

any help suggestions would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi VirtualClimber,

I've got the M500 broadband.  My results are 149.4 Mbps, 36.5 Mbps and 41.8s

So you have a slightly higher download, a lower upload (which may be due to your broadband package -  M200?) and around the same ping.

I have no issues with any of the apps. Are there any particular times when you can't access Amazon prime? Or is it just the picture quality?

If you are on the M350 or M500 broadband it might be worthwhile posting  your stats in the Networking-and-WiFi Forum  to check if there's a problem with your upload speeds.

Open a browser window and enter 192.168.0.1 don't log in, but click on Check Router Status

This will open up the status screen with 4 tabs along the top

Click on each tab in turn and copy paste everything in each tab into the post you create.

It might be an idea to do a pinhole reset as well, and the guys would like to see a BQM which you can set up here BQM Monitor 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
VirtualClimber
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to everyone that has offered advice, only the app issue has resolved itself.

but I can’t lay priestley content all I keep getting is .... something went wrong.... please try again later.

Anyone else having Prime issues?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi again VirtualClimber

Do you mean Jason Priestley? 

Some of his stuff is unavailable, for example Call Me Fitz and Jeremiah, even using Amazon Prime on a firestick

Dave

0 Kudos