Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Prime - Problem Occurred message

I have logged onto the Amazon Prime app on my V6 box but when I try to play any video I get the message "Problem Occurred" with the suggestion that I try again later. I have rebooted the box without success. I can play videos directly through the app on my Samsung TV, so I assume the TV and router are OK. I have asked Amazon support, but they told me to ask here. Any ideas? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Prime - Problem Occurred message

Got the same issue been on the phone all morning there not sure what's going on at the moment but are looking in to it I'll will post when that get back to me 

@Steppers wrote:

I have logged onto the Amazon Prime app on my V6 box but when I try to play any video I get the message "Problem Occurred" with the suggestion that I try again later. I have rebooted the box without success. I can play videos directly through the app on my Samsung TV, so I assume the TV and router are OK. I have asked Amazon support, but they told me to ask here. Any ideas? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for letting me know that it is not just me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Problem solved

What you need to do is go on to settings on your V6 box select video output and change the settings to 1080p from 2060p click continue click thumbs up three times then you should be good to go

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes that works, so many thanks.

However I am not sure that I want to degrade everything I watch through the VM V6 box to HD from 4K. Not really a problem today, but will become more so in future.

I wonder if anyone knows if this is a permanent restriction or just something they haven't sorted yet.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When you have a setting of 2160p everything at 2160p50 is passed through to the TV.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Steppers wrote:

Yes that works, so many thanks.

However I am not sure that I want to degrade everything I watch through the VM V6 box to HD from 4K. Not really a problem today, but will become more so in future.

I wonder if anyone knows if this is a permanent restriction or just something they haven't sorted yet.

Thanks again.

For the moment I would of guess 1080p all the way untill they do a update just a glitch I'm guessing but at least they found out how to sort in the time they said just keep checking and if it not sorted Inna few week I would call virgin and ask 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem. 

it had been working fine for some time but now doesn’t. I rebooted Hub 3 and v6 box and was able to watch last night but this morning it failed again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that worked for me too. Seems crazy but I will change settings when I want to use Amazon!!