Menu
fmaxwe1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Prime App - Something went wrong

Hi

Everytime I register my tv and log into Amazon Prime App on my V6 box I get the usual home page and can navigate thid but as soon as select something to watch I get error message "Something Went Wrong. Please Try again Later. For more help, go to amazon.com/videohelp"

This web page is no help.

V6 box is connected to virgin wifi booster by ethernet cable and our netflix app works perfectly via V6 box.

Can anyone help?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Vjp85
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Prime App - Something went wrong

Me too! Have you manage to sort/figure out the issue? 🙂

0 Kudos
Eeeps
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Had something similar happen with Amazon on my V6 this weekend. Would let me browse but would not play anything.

What I did was this...

1. Open the app on the V6 and then log out - respond that you want to un-register the device with your Amazon account.
2. Restart the V6 box. (not sure you need to do this but it seemed to make a difference to the Amazon app login screen).
3. When the V6 is fully started, open the Amazon app - should show the login screen.
4. Click to use an existing account - it should now give you a code on the TV screen. Keep this screen up.
5. Go Amazon on your PC or Tablet and log in there. It should show you a page asking for the code from the V6 shown on the TV.

And that should be it.

This method of device authentication is very similar to that used by iPlayer.

0 Kudos
fmaxwe1
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No still not resolved it. You?

0 Kudos
rap_harris
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

For people searching for this, if you have 4k tv, change your settings to 1080p 

Home -> Help & Settings -> Settings -> Video Output -> Video Output Format

Had the Oops Something Went Wrong message until I set this. Worked fine since.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@rap_harris wrote:

For people searching for this, if you have 4k tv, change your settings to 1080p 

Home -> Help & Settings -> Settings -> Video Output -> Video Output Format

Had the Oops Something Went Wrong message until I set this. Worked fine since.

Thanks for the post. A blank screen or errors loading streaming apps, are caused by the same HDCP incompatibilty that produces error 602/603/604 on OnDemand programs. The help page at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/603 gives similar advice, along with help on finding the correct HDMI port on your TV to be able to use 2160p.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos