Menu
susanbonnar
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Amazon,BBC iPlayer not working

I’ve recently received a replacement V6 TiVo box (it appears my last one had software problems) and I am able to access prime, bbc iPlayer and ITV hub, as described previously, after selecting these apps the screen simply “hangs” and reverts back to the selection screen. 
I have tried rebooting my box several times but this does not make any difference. 
If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful. 
Thanks  in advance. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon,BBC iPlayer not working

Are you watching on a 4K UHD TV?

Try following the advice on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/603 if so.

Can you view (non-BBC) CatchUp programmes ok? Try something from ITV, C4 or C5 CatchUp if you're not sure.,

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
susanbonnar
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have tried rebooting my system but this does not solve the problem. 
I can access Netflix via the TiVo box therefore I’m assuming box is set up correctly for these services. 
I feel that this may be some sort of software problem ??

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you view (non-BBC) CatchUp programmes ok? Try something from ITV, C4 or C5 CatchUp if you're not sure.,

Did the change of video output to 1080 make any difference? You've not said whether you're watching on a 4K UHD TV, and these issues are often related - so I'll check.

You've also just made reference to a TiVo, but this box doesn't support Amazon Prime, only the V6 does. They are different boxes (see https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box )

Can you confirm?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi susanbonnar, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the catch up service, did you manage to do what japitts said? What was the outcome? Are you still having issues with this? Chris

0 Kudos