Menu
JZ1980
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Almost all channels missing (greyed out)

Hi, I just installed the virgin TV 6 box yesterday but fine almost all the channels are greyed out, including all free view channels like BBC 2 etc. I have turned the box on/off but does not make any difference. An ideas ?

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Almost all channels missing (greyed out)

This is suggesting the box has not activated properly, so is only giving you the unencrypted channels. I would get in touch with Customer Services.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JZ1980,

Try rebooting the V6 please. If the channels are still greyed out then you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
JZ1980
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both. Going to the “Missing Channels” option within the Help menu seems to have got a lot of channels working.

JZ1980
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have the Freeview channels now and have called customer support to activate the box. Will see how that goes.

thanks 

0 Kudos