cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All recordings gone

Luckdave
Joining in

All my recordings have been deleted. This has happened a couple of times before, but there seems no rhyme or reason to it. Has anyone else found this. 

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo's don't have any inherent fault that causes this, so apart from rebooting or checking the recycle bin - it may be indicative of a very old hard drive that is potentially showing its age.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Actually, I put this in the wrong place. It's a Virgin V6 box, so will repost elsewhere. I'm not sure it's just age though. It seems to wipe every couple of weeks. 

Luckdave
Joining in

Our recordings have all been deleted, and we regularly get signed out of apps like the iplayer and YouTube. Is this likely to be a hard drive issue? It's happened a few times since last September. Appreciate any help! 

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You initially posted in the TiVo forum, mentioned you had a V6 and then posted a new thread in the TV360 forum.

It's better to keep to one thread for one issue - which box do you have? TiVo, V6 or TV360?

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi, yes agreed, I thought I could delete my previous thread and I couldn't! I don't mean to confuse.

It's a V6. Thank you. 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Luckdave 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the recording issue. Can you confirm for me, is this a 360 or a V6? The reason I ask is the system check i have done doesn't show the V6.

The recordings, are these from a Series Link or manual recording as well? If it's a Series Link, what is set too? Streaming only or pull from TV Guide?

Best wishes

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, 

It says its a V6 box on the box itself, but looking back over my contract it's meant to be Virgin 360 that we have. Is this a problem? Also, apologies if I have, yet again, filed this thread in the wrong place!

The recordings were a mix of live and series recordings- everything went. This has happened a couple of times now. We are also persistently logged out of apps like iplayer, ITVX and Netflix (though not Prime, weirdly).

Thanks for your help. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Luckdave wrote:

It says its a V6 box on the box itself, but looking back over my contract it's meant to be Virgin 360 that we have. Is this a problem? Also, apologies if I have, yet again, filed this thread in the wrong place!

I posted links to pictures of the boxes in post#5 above. Where does it say on your box that it's a V6? Feel free to post a picture if you think it would help.

The V6 will have the TiVo logo next to the video preview in the top-right corner of the menu - does your box have this?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your V6 is actually a 360 box then your VM remote control will have a voice control button just below the navigational control buttons.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali