cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All lights flashing on V6, stuck on starting up

H3lp236
Tuning in

Hi There,

My V6 box in my lounge has all lights flashing and is stuck on the “starting up” screen. I have tried restarting etc but nothing. I have booked a technician but that is not until the 29th.

I have plugged in a V6 from the room next door and this has started fine and we are able to watch TV.

The lounge box has crashed and restarted randomly several times in the last few months, has it simply given up? I don’t want to waste a technician’s time if I simply new box or wait till Wednesday and they be unable to fix and then have to wait for a new box. I will be gutted if I’ve lost the content as I’ve got loads of stuff saved I still have to watch!!! 

Can anyone advise or help?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The fact that the box is currently unusable, and that VM can't remotely kick it into life, is a pretty strong clue that the tech visit is necessary to restore your service.

Coming from another angle, it's quite likely the inability to bootup is caused by a hard drive failure - and if so, you will have lost all your recordings on that box when it's (most likely) replaced. The tech will carry spare boxes on their van with them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply, it’s pretty much as I thought! 

I guess I’ll just have to see what happens Wednesday 

An engineer attended and unfortunately confirmed the box was done for. On the plus side he was great, got the new box set up added some cables and installed the cable adapter they recently sent in the post and adjusted the levels in the cabinet.

Gutted to have lost the content that was on the box but the service made up for it.

Thanks VM 

Thanks for coming back to the thread H3lp236

I am sorry we weren't able to sort the current one but thanks for the feedback on how the rest of it went.

Do pop back if you ever need further assistance. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill