Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All images and art missing from V6

Hello. Since yesterday, my V6 box no longer displays any images or icons for movies or apps. E.g if I go to On Demand > Movies > Sky Cinema, all of the movie tiles are there, but they’ll start showing no images at all, and then eventually just show a category placeholder, as if it tried to download the images and then failed.

The same applies to images for apps in the menu, like Netflix and iPlayer. Same issue for the suggestions at the top of the menu screen. 

If anyone can help, that would be great. Thanks! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: All images and art missing from V6

Hi popsandrox,

It sounds like you have lost your network connection to the V6 box. If connected by ethernet make sure the cable hasn't worked loose.

Using the remote go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to Virgin Media Service now.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion, but that’s not the issue. We can still use all the network features of the box fine. 

I’ve tried resetting the V6 box, resetting the hub and switching between Ethernet and wireless connection. But still no luck. 

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you using your own router or have recently changed a DNS setting?

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, we’re using our own router. We have been for a while but rebooted it the other day. I guess that reboot could have caused it. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you connect your V6 to your Home-hub directly and put it in router mode, does the issue persist?

I use modem mode with my own router and don't get channel logos on recorded programmes. Everything else is fine, including channel logos on VOD and elsewhere in the EPG.

Yours sounds similar, a blocked port potentially.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The router must be using the VM DNS otherwise you will no longer get 100% service from TiVo.

Images are first to go - then I think you'll start to loose some app access.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My router has been set to auto-assign DNS since the day I installed it, periodically I'll check for what's assigned and it's never been anything other than the VM ones.

For the benefit of others, these are currently... 194.168.4.100 & 194.168.8.100

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos